Sunday, January 31, 2016

Sleep sewing

Yes sleep sewing! After sewing about 50 circles to the background fabric, I am almost sleep sewing them. It does get boring to sew circle after circle down! I knew it would be so and that is why it took me two years to agree to do this for my sister. We discussed so many designs but she would keep coming back to it and so I gave in. Well at least the tough work is over. Just need to put the blocks together and then think about how to quilt it. I did want to use a nice pink thickish crochet cotton and sew around the circles. But 300 of them makes me wonder if I would be spending the next two months hand quilting. Not sure if I can devote so much time even though there is no deadline to finishing the quilt! What do you think. Should I machine quilt bubbles in the spaces between circles or hand quilt?
Linking this with the OMG finish party for Jan hosted by Red Letter Quilts.

9 comments:

  1. Lucky lucky Sis, your fabrics and blocks are gorgeous! Congrats reaching you One Monthly Goal - choose the quilting method you will enjoy doing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heidi! For your compliments and for hosting the OMG. Without it I would not have done much sewing this month.

      Delete
  2. Machine quilt -- how about tiny meandering in the black background? It will be great when done. And, you are really nice to do this for your sister.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bonnie! I will keep your suggestion in mind. Though that will be a lot of work too.

      Delete
  3. Your dots are wonderful. I really hope your sister appreciates what you're doing for her. I'd go for machine quilting but then again I don't hand quilt. Either would be lovely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maker Joy.I am going with machine quilting! And yes she appreciates!

      Delete
  4. I think I would do straight line machining rather than bubbles - it will be an overdose of circles!

    ReplyDelete